Sunday 26 June 2016

'Mollie Makes Handmade Awards' Shortlisted!



A couple of weeks ago I found out that I have been shortlisted for the 'youth award' within the Mollie Makes Handmade Awards EEEkkkk! Along with other talented creatives, I will be attending an awards day on the 7th July filled with crafty workshops, a photo walk with Xanthe Berkeley, lunch, and hang around with people from Pinterest, Etsy & more, as well as do my pitch.. how exciting?!



 I can't wait! I am slightly nervous about the idea of a pitch as I am still a student so haven't pitched anything before, I have done presentations before though so hopefully they have prepared me to be more confident in myself and my work, we shall see! I have been preparing  my portfolio for the past week as well as ordering my first ever business cards & making promotional packs. 



In between the preparations I had a catch up with my lovely friend Maya in my favourite cafe down Newland Ave, The English Muse. I love the recently updated decor & the newest addition flamingo. Super cute. Also they sell the best victoria sponge & lemon drizzle cake, so if you are local to Hull pop in and have a wander down Newland Ave as they have some great vintage charity shops and boutiques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment