Friday 1 July 2016

2nd Year Reflection




Today I woke up to my final second year grade in the post. I got a 2.1 which is really good but I am known to be a bit of a pessimist and I always think I can do better, even though I worked the hardest I ever have this year and could not of tried any harder. Second year was tougher than I ever expected and there was moments where I thought I wasn't going to make it through, and I wasn't good enough, but I made it (after lots of crying, tea drinking and cake/chocolate/sugar consuming, and thanks to my lovely uni 'gal pals'  that put up with me <3 ). 
Now to reflect on the past year, looking only at the positives: 

- Designed and exhibited a collection of children's fashion prints for Premiere Vision, Paris 


- Visited my first ever trade show (and met Lemon Ribbon there, a children's print company that I will be interning for in a few weeks !)




- Worked with Tigerprint (they design for M&S) on a live brief to produce greetings and I was shortlisted




- Designed and exhibited various prints for Surtex in New York.



- Developed my child like, naive, illustrative style and collage/slow crafting techniques that I finally feel happy and comfortable with. 



- Worked with Hallmark for Tesco for a competition, and came 2nd which meant I won a cash prize and a two week placement (to be completed in August)


- Shortlisted for the Mollie Makes Handmade Awards for the youth category and go to the event next Thursday where I get to meet lots of lovely creatives and join in with fun workshops 


So I didn't get the highest grade, but I still did a bloody good job and gained a lot of valuable knowledge and experience over the year. I am so excited to see what the next year has in stall for me :) 

P.S. Nobody tells you that you put on about 2 stone in weight in your second year of university, due to the stress eating, just thought I would put that one out there as one of the possible side effects ;) 




2 comments:

  1. Love this post Jodie! So lovely to see all you've achieved in the last year, well done for getting placements too!! Good luck for third year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Rosanna, I'm glad you liked the post :)

      Delete