Tuesday 21 July 2015

Orla Kiely S/S15 Shoe Collection


As some of you may have already guessed (by my Instagram), I am an Orla Kiely fanatic. I am forever searching for everything Orla, and if I could afford it I would own the majority of it by now (One day...). 




I think what makes her unique is the 1960's, mid-century 'scandinavian' style she portrays by using bold graphics and colours, not many modern designers use this style and therefore makes her even more sought-after (in my eyes). 



I love finding Orla bargains in shops such as Tk Maxx (from Sketchbooks to her own books) and Tesco (the Orla shopping totes), but also felt great when my boyfriend bought me my first pair of Orla shoes (Bobbies). I am still so thankful for them and love them to bits, but recently thanks to the Clarks sale, I also managed to buy myself a pair of the Betty Heels. Thankfully, they are the first pair of heels I can actually walk in without falling over!  They are also super comfy, just like my Bobbies, and have the iconic petal pattern on the soles that also matches the shoe box. 

So whilst I am in shoe heaven and walking around everywhere in my new Bobbies, I hope you enjoyed this post, and are feeling the Orla Love <3

Thanks for reading!!









2 comments:

  1. I love Orla's designs too, congrats on getting the Bettys! They look lovely. I managed to pick up a pair of coral Bobbies in the sale which I'm super excited about! I wasn't keen on this season's collaboration at first but it grew on me, though I still think her first one was the nicest.
    Did you get any of her collaboration with Douwe Egberts for the coffee jars? I thought they were a great bargain and really brighten up my desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love them <3 The coral pair is super lovely too so well done for that!! I loved this seasons due to the colours and I love t-bar shoes, there is something about the way they remind me of my childhood, but also are very 60's which I love.
      I did manage to pick up one of her coffee jars in orange today actually for £4.00 - bargain! Great how she does collaborations with companies so that it is more affordable :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete