Tuesday 30 August 2016

Saltaire Loving


Salts Mill Allotments 

'Shirley St'... how cute



I would love to live here <3

 Friday marked my last day on placement at the wonderful Hallmark (for Tesco) and my last placement of summer actually! I've had such a wonderful 6 weeks of placements. I learnt so much, met so many lovely people along the way and came out of it feeling even more inspired than ever before, even if I took too many on in the end (and felt a bit overwhelmed at times) I enjoyed every one and will remember the people and places I met and visited along the way. 


Salts Pots toilets had the cutest window full of plants


It's me.. painting a plate!

My plate and mood board (the plate still needs to be glazed/fired so will be much brighter!) 

 In the afternoon I joined in with a fun workshop at Salts Pots in Saltaire where we got to paint our own plate. I went simple with a Marimekko inspired flower as the main focus of the plate. I can't wait to see what they all look like as a group collection of plates on the walls! 

I spied a bit of Corby Tindersticks in RADSTUDIO


I then finished my last day a bit earlier so I was able to finally have a look in the wonderful RADSTUDIO (a beautiful shop right next to Saltaire station that was always shut when I arrived early in the mornings). I took lots of photos in here and bought some lovely bits that I will put in another blog post as this one is getting too long! 


Matisse in Salts Mill <3 <3 <3 

More Matisse !

And finally I finished my day in Salts Mill, to visit the David Hockney exhibition again for *dissertation research* (I love using this as an excuse now to visit lots of exhibitions and galleries) and have a quick peek in the gallery shop before my train back to Leeds. 
I would definitely recommend a day trip to Saltaire as it is such a beautiful place.



What a busy but wonderful summer I have had!! Now to relax for the last few weeks... well kind of <3 :) <3 






1 comment:

  1. That's true. For the people who are looking for best double glazing prices for their lovely home or office should be contacting an agent because it him or her who can help the best.

    ReplyDelete