Sunday 13 November 2016

Children's Book Illustration

Hello! 
What a strange week in the world it has been.. Something that Steven Malk, a Literary Agent at writers house tweeted recently stayed with me as he said being a children's book maker is more important than ever right now, and to keep bringing books in the world that bring joy, love and comfort to children. I found this quite fitting as I have been thinking a lot about going into children's book illustration once I graduate next year, as I love the idea of my work bringing happiness to kids, it would make it all worthwhile. 
I find myself spending hours looking through children's books in Waterstones, admiring all of the illustrations and stories in there, and keep thinking how wonderful it would be to see children reading books i've illustrated; and seeing them smile from this. This is definitely a goal of mine. Next steps after university for me are to contact children's book agencies.
But for now, here are some pictures of lovely illustrations from a recent Waterstones trip. Theres something about books too, that you can never have enough. Especially if you are a hoarder like me! 


























2 comments:

  1. love all these, theyre all so colourful! at the moment i'm also diving into childrens illustration, or trying to at least! i wish you all the luck in the world! Hannah at Hannah Venables / A CREATIVE LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they just?! Ooh how exciting, I wish you lots of luck too :) xx

    ReplyDelete