Thursday 21 April 2016

Wacom Tablets




Whilst on my placement a few weeks ago I realised that all of the designers there pretty much always used a Wacom Tablet! I found this a strange concept at first but it kind of makes sense, I guess it saves paper and is a quicker way of drawing (once you get the hang of it!). 




John Lewis fabric

However after a while I still got a bit fed up of staring at a computer screen as I was getting frustrated at not being able to using it very well. Forever a slow crafter at heart!!
I created this design using shapes and colours from a John Lewis fabric. If I was to invest in a Wacom tablet myself (I just used the ones at uni for this one) then I would invest in better paint brushes as it was hard to work with the free ones on Photoshop. 
I think after university I might invest in one! What paintbrushes would you recommend buying if any? Or do you have a favourite one on Photoshop already?




2 comments:

  1. You can download a ton of free paintbrushes from places like deviantArt, I've been using a tablet for years and never paid for a brush set yet :) I personally prefer the ones that look like they could be chalk or pastel, it stops it looking too polished and slightly more like traditional materials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh thanks very much I will have a look at them!

      Jodie x

      Delete