Saturday 23 January 2016

Jonny Hanna & Donna Wilson @ YSP





Today I took a trip to Wakefield with Rob to visit the latest exhibition at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, by Jonny Hannah, called main street. It is Jonny's vintage inspired homage to the independent trader, and presents 2D and 3D pieces of his work.



"A tribute to high streets of the past, lined with independent retailers stocking an assortment of curiosities, Main Street includes a collection of new hand-painted and printed wooden signs and objects, books, bags and prints." 

It was so inspiring to see his free, painterly, colourful style and I ESPECIALLY loved the cat pieces, he makes everything have its own personality, whether it be a cardboard painting of a cat or even a dining room chair. 


My favourite piece of the exhibition (mainly because he reminds me of Dixie my cat <3 




To top the peaceful trip off, the gallery shop stocked SO MUCH Donna Wilson. As you may know from my previous posts I love everything about her but especially the leather embossed cat face bag (I think there is a cat theme running here...).

It was great to get away from the hectic-ness that is Uni and Leeds at the moment and enjoy a day in the countryside with my favourite human and some lovely art (: 









4 comments:

  1. I love this type of folksy, earthy style - it's wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the cat purse and lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete