Monday 1 June 2015

University Halls

Before taking everything down from my walls and packing things up in my first year flat of university (I stayed at The Plaza in Leeds, as it was in the centre but only a 10 minute walk to Leeds College of Art where I study, so close to everything!) I decided to take a few photos to remind me of what it was like. 
Orla Kiely Folder. Crosley Record Player. Succulent Plants. Camera from a vintage fair.


As you can see, I filled my tiny box room with posters, bunting, cushions, blankets/throws, plants, record player and pictures to make it cosy and like home. If I see an empty wall I have to fill it with posters or pictures or bunting. Minimalistic is definitely not my style, I would say I have a more 'eclectic' mix of styles. 
I must say, it feels weird to be back at home after staying here for the past year, I was starting to settle in and it feels like the end of an era but come September and I will have a house to make homely and I am so excited to be able to have a bath whenever I like!!
I think it would take me forever to list where everything is from,I have listed a few things but if you would like to know about a certain item then I will happily let you know :) 

I hope you enjoyed this post, please feel free to leave comments, and thanks for reading!


Polaroid Picture Washing line. Maartje Van Den Noort bird postcards from 'De Hortus Botanicus' in Amsterdam. Garden Book Club Plant Prints. Handmade recycled bedsheets Bunting. Mollie Makes Inspiration posters. Belle & Boo: 'Do What You Love Everyday' Sign. Fairy Lights.

Teacup Poster (Present). Love Heart - Next. Tea for two set - M&S. Katie Alice Teacup.


2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH. I adore your decorating aesthetic. I kinda can't wait to get into my next place for college so that I may decorate it (even better than it was my freshman year!). I love all the pictures you put up. I will have to add more to my walls. and more plants!

    Peace and Love,
    http://www.celestralite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame to take all those lovely bits down! I'm so excited that you've started a blog :'D

    ReplyDelete